Paranoid Metal Webzine Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Bandi > Tuja scena
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BAY AREA CRUNCH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BAY AREA CRUNCH
    Posted: 27.Jun.2008 at 16:47
ok, nism vedu kam naj dam, pa sm novo temo odprl LOL

neki dobrot iz bay area Big%20smile

PIRANHA SPOT!!!!

en very rare MACHINE HEAD demo spot, ful zakon, k je se ful old skul.....

AWSOME STUFF, very rare....

(some crazy old Vio stuff....Smile

(buco to mors videt nujno LOLLOLLOL

Sacred Reich - Ignorance video Wink

ClapClapLOLLOL

btw. a kdo najde Exodus tablature od komada ONLY DEATH DECIDES....can,t find that damn song, been aaaaal over the Google.... Confused

Edited by Wind Carrier - 29.Jun.2008 at 15:55
Atheist View Drop Down
Paranoid crew
Paranoid crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atheist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28.Jun.2008 at 18:54
Brez Allen-a (in njegove pripravljenosti, da je skoraj vsem bay area thrash bendom snemal bolj ali manj v đabe spote itd.) nebi bilo nič konkretno dokumentiranega iz bay-a...res zakon...legenda...

Sicer...Machine Head bi v tem stilu morali nadaljevati, torej, kar po odhodu Flynna iz Vio-lence, pred BME obdobje...res zakon komadi in kul groovy post thrash z prebavljivim vokalom...No, saj...od 2003, ko je uletel Demmel so itak spet na pravi poti...:) (sicer se mi zdi, da je bil celo co-founder Machine fuckin' Head, a je nato na TTAOE prvič igral na plati...)

Edited by Atheist - 28.Jun.2008 at 18:56
Alex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Jun.2008 at 18:03
Crawl, Walk, Run, Fall STARI!!!!!!

Svaka čast Tales from the pit ker točno te stvari zdj vn uletavajo k jih iščem že 100 let!

EXODUS, first demo from 81, 82. Ker vokal ma Baloff!:D

Death and Domination

Whipping Queen

Edited by Alex - 29.Jun.2008 at 18:56
Alex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29.Jun.2008 at 18:49
Bay Area Čtivo:)

It was 1988, Baloff’s Hell House on San Pablo was in full effect, four floors of skidly, debautchery. Exodus’s Pleasures of the Flesh had been out for barely a year, Metallica’s Garage Day’s Re-Visited was months old and they had just finished …and Justice For All, Faith No More (Cliff Burton doing his best to turn us on to them) was soon to have Mike Patton, Chuck Billy ditched his cut up spandex in Guilt (or Diamond?)and dawned all black, a new vocalist to Testament. Mordred was emerging from the SF scene, Sacrilege B.C. and Possessed were defining the heavier side of the Bay. Blind Illusion was like the Bay Area version of Rush from which Les Claypool, Brian Kehoe, & David White Godfrey would go on to make their marks in the music world. Everyone had Mercyful Fates, Melissa in their tape player. Eddie Van Halen and George Lynch guitar tones ruled rock and Hetfield’s signature rhythm crunch was cherished by metal guitarists. The SF Bay Area was in full effect.

All we cared about was partying hard, jamming and girls. Ego’s and guitar tone set the standard. Speed, weed and alcohol were more common than food. Unknowing newcomers would lose cameras, microphones, purses etc. to the house to further ones sustainance. It was a band urban survival compound. Dealers had the clout, but dare pass out, they would wake up without their precious stash. It was like the heavy metal version of Lord of the Flies. Hetfield, Jim Martin, Jason Newsted and a like would always hang out and jam. Ruthie’s Inn in Berkeley where Slayer had debuted in make-up and Suicidal Tendencies made their Bay Area impact was winding down, but The Stone in S.F. and The Omni in Oakland were big parties. If it was a glam show or a metal show, there were always five hundred to one thousand people in attendance. Nice. These were times of our lives.

This whole East Bay scene was such a hot spot for metal with Metallica, Exodus, Laaz Rockit, Ruffians, Death Angel, Testament, Forbidden, & Ulysess Siren. Interestingly enough I had gone to El Cerrito High school with Paul Baloff (never saw him), Headbanger Richard Burch, Mark Whittaker, who had co produced Metallica’s first two releases, Laaz Rockit’s Aaron Jellum, and East Bay guitar wizard Brian Kehoe (Mirv, Jerry Cantrell, Kehoe Nation, did my first ever gig with him as well). I bought my first bass amp from Les Claypool as he graduated from Blind Illusion to Primus. Greenday were kids only miles away getting ready to take the world by surprise. Work defining punk bands like Attitude Adjustment were kicking ass, pumping out multiple vinyl releases. Must be something in the water in the East Bay…crank?

I had already moved on from Heathen, and was jamming with some cool dudes from Brazil (one dude Eddie who became Sepultura’s road manager for a while) and was living with Rob McKillop the bass player of Exodus in Berkeley. I started playing with Piranha after I noticed their bass player at a Testament show at the Stone was struggling. After checking them out at the Berkeley Hell House rehearsal. I realized their bass player Al Voltage was actually a very good guitarist… I talked to the band, auditioned and did well securing my spot. I was very Iron Maiden influenced at the time. In fact after the photo shoot by Tony Mottram which is the main photo here, I took Tony, Bruce Dickinson and a couple others out for a ride in my firebird. Bruce took us to sushi in S.F. and gave me 20 guest spots at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View. I assured Bruce I would bring lots of girls… Man what memories…

Paul Baloff: 1960-2002 Vocals…this is the most comprehensive most accurate record of Paul’s life www.voicesfromthedarkside.de/interviews/baloff.htm

Al Voltage: 1965-2000? Lead Guitar. Al Voltage (Alan Breed) had left the East Coast, stealing his rich dads credit card to “make it in the Bay Area metal scene.” He stopped by Florida to surf for a week, then headed out to the Bay Area where he took small jobs as a cashier, till tapping to supply his party habit. Al did take a few lessons from Joe Satriani. Working in Piranha introduced him to Spastik Children where he did a few gigs on bass. He was a talented nice guy that succumbed to heavy drug use and everthing that goes with it. We did go on together to work in Laughing Dead for at least 6 years…Al passed away in AZ trying to clean up his life…RIP brotha…I know you are happier now..

Ron Shipes: Rhythm Guitar. Originally from Pacifica, relocated to the East Bay Ron was a truly mellow nice person with a quirky original rhythm style. Ron was the main song writer. After Piranha he played in Contempt, Two Bit Thief, and Fueled. I worked at an electronics store with him for 3 years. He also roadied for some big local bands. Ron has recently guitar teched for Slayer and has steady guitar tech work.

Fred “Rotten” Cotton: Drums. The alpha male of the group, Fred was always making funny noises and clowning around. He was really good friends with Hetfield then. That was how we got hooked up with James producing our demo back then.

Eric Wong: Bass. www.myspace.com/theunjustone. I am writing all of this just to help remember those wonderful party days. I will blog the recording experience with James Hetfield, and the demise of this line-up of Piranha with all our equipment being stolen at gunpoint, band members taken hostage tied up and all…one day

There were many line-ups of Piranha, but this was the most high profile one. I will be blogging more experiences…one day

Cheers, e

plecocicho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plecocicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Jun.2008 at 00:11
Bay area scena je dober primer bratstva v glasbi, ko clani razlicnih bendov skozi sodelujejo skupaj. Me spominja to na seatelsko sceno, sam da je tam namesto speeda bil alkohol, trava in sele na koncu heroin (no ja layne je probal vse). kul videospoti, se prav cuti surova energija.
lp
Following our will and wind we may go where noone has been
plekokiko
Buco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Jun.2008 at 12:21
Lepe stvari si nabral Domen :D
Alex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30.Aug.2008 at 18:25
Revive the thread!

Dans sm najdu tole na youtbe

Čist tazadni posnetki Exodus s Baloffom, kjer se je dejansko trudu, prou lepo poje!:) Sploh nism vedu da to obstaja...

devlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Sep.2008 at 11:30
Ali obstaja tudi Bay area death Wacko?
The Optimistic Cynic: Remaining completely oblivious to the tragedy of existence.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Sep.2008 at 11:49
Originally posted by Alex Alex wrote:

Revive the thread!

Dans sm najdu tole na youtbe

Čist tazadni posnetki Exodus s Baloffom, kjer se je dejansko trudu, prou lepo poje!:) Sploh nism vedu da to obstaja...

evo poslušam Seeds of hate - FANTASTIČNO!!!!!! Hug  ful ma drugačen vibe tale komad, kot pa na plati ali pa na Another Lesson in Vio..... zakon, edino malo prenaglas je vokal imo....
Buco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Sep.2008 at 11:59
Fak kok zakon! Sploh nism vedu da to obstaja!
puzavnar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzavnar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Sep.2008 at 12:10
Originally posted by devlin devlin wrote:

skoraj mislim da neSmile
taprav desc ma orodje pod streho
http://puzavnar.mybrute.com
jst ne spim,jest komiram
izjava dneva od gurija
now telefon mam.pm me your number bithes
Alex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Sep.2008 at 13:07
Originally posted by devlin devlin wrote:

mala žiža viva muga
devlin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01.Sep.2008 at 14:52
A t' kej figa miga? Smile
The Optimistic Cynic: Remaining completely oblivious to the tragedy of existence.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27.Oct.2008 at 11:24
to all the  BAY AREA fans....

sm lih našu en super bend iz Sun Hose-ja....  že takoj ob prvem poslušanju so mi bli všeč (kar se mi zadnje čase pri metal bendih zelo redko dogaja...)

pa tko, najprej se mi sploh ni dal dat linka gor, k se mi zdi, da pač večini folka tle gor itak ne bodo dobri.

sam pol k sm pa tko ene 3x preposlušal komad Death Proof sm pa reku, "tole je predobro", ma morm tole nalimat, mogoč bo pa še nekomu všeč....

u glavnem navdušeno poslušam naprej....ful dobri so mi - res tko old skul thrash je notr (prou staro metallico se kje zaslišiLOL - npr. pri komadu All or none....., pol new wave, hard core, ful dober moderen vokal, moderni vplivi - točno to, kar je men všeč.... Clap res, meni zakon muzka.

p.s. vokal na unem komadu, kjer je posnet, me spominja na  unega pevca od Damageplan... Clap

p.p.s še en live video, mix več komadov skup :)

Edited by Wind Carrier - 28.Oct.2008 at 12:26
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17.May.2009 at 21:54
sm si končno presnel Dublin Death Patrol  -- vedno pozabu na njih in so mi tko NAAAAAAAAAAJBOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big%20smile

res zakon muzka - končno en cd, k je res cel zakon (bo kr original padu), k ga lahk celga od začetka do konca  v avtu poslušam....  
DDP je pa odkritje!!! - stari mački, res uni najboljši metal, nič kompliciranja, straight ritmi, pravi down to Earth Attitude - Chuck Billy & Steve Souza na vokalih + ene 15 bratrancou od BillyaLOL mid tempo groovy, heavy, old skul, malo punka vmes, malo roken rola - ja ma najlepš - nič kiča, nobenih packarij - just straight to the point - I SIMPLY LOOOOOOVE IT!!!!

Doda takrat, k si mi jih poslal sm bil tko len, da sm si sam en komad skinil, pa mi je bil že skoz fajn, sam ne lih tko fuuuuuuuuuuuuul dober, zdej sm se pa končno spomnu na njih, k jih je Lipnk snel in tko res ZAKON!!!!!!!! (ne morm vrjet, da si jih nism že prej snel!!!! LOL

morm rečt, da sm čist NAAAAJBL hepi, da sm končno spet eno NOVO METAL plato najdu, k mi je RES ZAAAAAAAKON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ClapClapClap

hvala Dublin Death Patrolom za to plato!

Edited by Wind Carrier - 18.May.2009 at 00:02
 Post Reply Post Reply