|
BELPHEGOR FORCED TO CANCEL RUSSIAN DATES!!! After a great tour kickoff in Minsk, Belarus [18th April], BELPHEGOR dealt with heavy opposition and censorship within
Russia resulting in three shows being cancelled. We apologize to
Russian supporters. The troop tried everything to secure the shows. The
St. Petersburg concert was canceled just a few hours before BELPHEGOR
was scheduled to enter the stage on the 19th of April. We arrived in
Moscow hoping for the best on the 20th. We were ordered to remove the
already hanging backdrop, then told that stage props such as sculptures
and crosses were forbidden, and Helmuth was not allowed to do vocals for
the track "Lucifer Incestus". During the second track, the sound
engineer had been forced to mute the vocals for the rest of the show
because of our lyrical content. We were outraged by the entire
experience. Afterward, we were informed that we would be unable to play
in Ekaterinburg [21st April] and Krasnodar [23rd April].
Helmuth adds: "We've toured Russia three times since 2006 and always
had amazing experiences. We've ignored all protests including death
threats during the past few weeks. I was aware many black and death
metal bands were having trouble recently, but we still marched in. To
people who think they know everything: When that waste of oxygen
approached us at the airport on the 19th, he had a hand in his pocket. I
expected him to have a weapon. If I had hit him, I would have been
thrown in jail, and he would have ended up in the hospital. That was
their plan; he had that other degenerate filming the entire thing.
Special thanks to brother Mr. Karl Sanders, who had the courage to block
him as he continued to harass me. I'm a musician, not a fighter,
especially in Russia. I've survived Typhus and have already been dead
for six hours, hanging on only by machines followed by open-heart
surgery. I do not fear anyone other than myself. No excuses to anyone!!
End of story. It is of the utmost importance that artists have freedom
of expression. Throughout history religions and governments have and
continue to censor creative works all around the world. Thank you very
much to all metalheads who loyally stand behind us and fight against
oppressors and hypocritical moralizers. Russian supporters, be
prepared!! BELPHEGOR are unstoppable and will return."
|