Paranoid Metal Webzine Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Bandi > Tuja scena
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Metallica

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Oct.2023 at 15:10
jsm load kupla na majorci v neki ogromni glasbeni trgovini leta 1996, ker mi je bil vsec kover (pol sm sele ugotovila, da gre za kri in spermo; kjutt ^^).. ker sploh se nisem poslusala metala takrat (prej kake kyuss, primus, voivod pa kup ene alter rock muske), tud nisem se preposlusala prvih plat, zato se najbrz nism obremenjevala s tem, kako bi morala zvenet.. ker se je 'mama said' vrtel povsod, je bil ta komad v mojem plejerju do nedavnega obsojen na skip.. moj top je pa ze od vsega zacetka tazadn stiklc, 'the outlaw torn'.. <3

Edited by grafin - 12.Oct.2023 at 15:16
se oprasicujem za oftopik :>
Dejan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12.Oct.2023 at 19:14
Originally posted by grafin grafin wrote:

ker se je 'mama said' vrtel povsod, je bil ta komad v mojem plejerju do nedavnega obsojen na skip..

zanimivo. zame je pa ravno ta komad predstavljal alfa in omega celega albuma - vsaj na začetku. kasneje se mi je pa odprl še preostali album, vendar nikoli povsem v celoti. oziroma še danes ne uživam prav v vseh komadih tega albuma, še vedno najdem kakšnega, ki ne ravno navdušuje.
grafin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grafin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13.Oct.2023 at 14:13
pri poslusanju glasbe je vedno tko, da vsak poslusalec s svojim lastnim imprintom dograjuje glasbo in je sestavni del izkusnje in ovrednotenja slisanega.. podobno je pri knjigi, filmu, sliki.. zato je imho tud precejsnja izguba energije se kregat okol tega.. je pa zanimivo izmenjavat mnenja.. vcasih se clo znajdes na istem bregu, kar je lahko prou navdihujoce.. nemalokrat izkusnja drugega obogati tvojo lastno..
se oprasicujem za oftopik :>
Kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16.Oct.2023 at 14:48
Originally posted by Mrtupevc Mrtupevc wrote:

No, jaz moram tudi nekaj povedati... Nisem neki die-hard fan country muzike, čeravno sem kot mali mulo dostikrat po radiu slišal ex-yu bando "Plava trava zaborava" (mislm, da je mel celo moj stari kaseto). Pa bila je še neka otroška nadaljevanka Zlata ribica, kjer je bila istoimenska uvodna špica od Pohorja Express, to je pa tudi vse od kantrija... Do Load-a.

Pozabil si na country komade od Čukov, Rednex in Billyja Raya Cyrusa, ki so se v prvi polovici devetdesetih do onemoglosti drajsali po radiu. Ja sj vem, spomin je selektiven...

Oftopik. Debata od Metallice naprej... Na obdobje Load mam lepe spomine. Poletje, matura, začetek študija, selitev od doma... Load je mel svoje trenutke, čeprov niti ni imel preveč veze s prejšnjimi platami od Metallice. A kaj mi je blo pri Loadu najbl všeč? Un shuriken logo, ki so ga začel takrat uporabljat:

Edited by Kilroy - 16.Oct.2023 at 15:15
ブレードランナー
Lunik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lunik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18.Oct.2023 at 17:48
Originally posted by grafin grafin wrote:

moj top je pa ze od vsega zacetka tazadn stiklc, 'the outlaw torn'.. <3

TO! Star
Mrtupevc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrtupevc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19.Oct.2023 at 21:31
Originally posted by Kilroy Kilroy wrote:

Pozabil si na country komade od Čukov, Rednex in Billyja Raya Cyrusa, ki so se v prvi polovici devetdesetih do onemoglosti drajsali po radiu. Ja sj vem, spomin je selektiven...

Heh, narobe si zastopil. Ti, ki jih ti omenjaš, so se lajnali po radijih, ja, ampak takrat (90-91 in dalje, ko je vladala dekada yellowcab-a), sem ta medij ignoriral, kolikor se je le dalo.  Zato sem pa omenil samo tiste, ki so meni bili blizu (iz 80-ih mi je itak ogromno muzike ostalo v ušesih do danes).
Ole - OleOleOle;

Peterle - zakaj pa ne?
Dejan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Jan.2024 at 12:55
Ta debata menda nikoli ne bo povsem izginila - Metallica in njihov "Black" album:

Why Is Metallica's "Black Album" The Best Selling Metal Album Of All Time?
Is It Because It's Simply One Of The Greatest Commercial Metal Albums Of All Time?
People often answer the question of why this album is so successful with - "oh, it's because they sold out!".
Sure - the album is "Commercial Metal" - and yeah - you could argue that they "sold out".
But are they the ONLY band who has ever played commercial sounding Metal?
People talk like it's EASY to make an album this successful.
Literally THOUSANDS of bands tried to do this.
If it were that easy - why didn't other bands do it?
Remember the fact that "Commercial Metal" was EXTREMELY common in the late 80s and early 90s. Glam Metal was riding high and the more "commercial" sides of Metal were pretty mainstream.
Still - absolutely nothing - NOTHING - could compete with the sheer level of sales of this album.
A couple things to ask -
If this album were the band's debut - would it be as hated by Metal fans?
If this album was by an already "Commercial" Metal band - would it be viewed differently?
I mean think about it - compare it to "Commercial Metal" of the time, it's actually strikingly HEAVY.
If you come at this album from the Glam angle and ponder a Glam Metal band making this album - you begin to realize the secret of this album's success.
The problem with Glam is that by 1991 - it was already becoming a bit uncool.
There is something about the style of the Black Album that aged well during the Grunge era.
Remember that the bulk of this albums sales and momentum occurred during 1992-1994. This was when the Grunge movement was dominating - and Glam Metal was sinking fast.
Metallica brought a flavour of commercial Metal that - to the masses - seemed to have real attitude, a hint of darkness - that wasn't connected to the perceived "cheese" and excess glamour of the Glam scene of the day.
Grunge made it cool to be a little darker and more sullen - and the Black Album kind of fits in with that.
I mean despite those songs being SUPER CATCHY - they're not exactly jolly and upbeat are they?
They capture a flavour of the darkness and heaviness that Metal fans love - albeit in a form that very casual Rock listeners could also find palatable too. It found an audience with people who didn't typically like Metal! And there's nothing that Metal fans hate more than that!
Despite saying all that - If I were to rank Metallica's albums - I easily rank the Black Album below the first four, but in a way - I almost see it as a different band.
I got into Metallica with this album and therefore didn't have any of the inbuilt resentment toward them for it, my first taste of this album wasn't tinged with the "betrayal" that I hear a lot of Metalheads talk about.
I fell in love with it - and that first impression never faded despite falling in even stronger love with the 80s records.
I don't typically enjoy "Commercial Metal" as much as the type of Metal in Metallica's 80s records - the 80s records feel a bit richer, more complex, and have more dynamics and replayability to me.
But when I want that instant HIT of Commercial Metal - I don't think ANY album in the history of Metal scratches that itch better than this album.
In a way - this album seems like a victim of 2 things -
1 - Being overplayed
2 - Being compared to the prior albums,
It suffers a lot of mockery and flack from Metal fans - and I think it's unjustified.
My favourite album by Metallica is "Justice" so of course I wonder and wish they followed it up with another album along those lines, but other bands fulfil that wish - when I want some technical and progressive Thrash - I just go else where.
Instead of looking at the glass half empty, I see it half full - and judge the Black Album on it's own terms.
In my opinion - the Black Album is the best selling Metal album of all time because it's the greatest "Commercial Metal" album of all time!
In the realm of Thrash - sure, it sinks.
But in the realm of Commercial Metal?
Wow - this album reigns supreme!
What are your thoughts?
Stratego View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stratego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Jan.2024 at 14:43
Odgovor je lahko tudi precej preprost (brez poglobljenih debat)... v pravem času so izdali pravi album Big smile
Dejan View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dejan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02.Jan.2024 at 16:53
Originally posted by Stratego Stratego wrote:

Odgovor je lahko tudi precej preprost (brez poglobljenih debat)... v pravem času so izdali pravi album Big smile

Itak! Tongue
Gašper Fatur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gašper Fatur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08.Jan.2024 at 22:34
Originally posted by Dejan Dejan wrote:

Ta debata menda nikoli ne bo povsem izginila - Metallica in njihov "Black" album:

Why Is Metallica's "Black Album" The Best Selling Metal Album Of All Time?
Is It Because It's Simply One Of The Greatest Commercial Metal Albums Of All Time?
People often answer the question of why this album is so successful with - "oh, it's because they sold out!".
Sure - the album is "Commercial Metal" - and yeah - you could argue that they "sold out".
But are they the ONLY band who has ever played commercial sounding Metal?
People talk like it's EASY to make an album this successful.
Literally THOUSANDS of bands tried to do this.
If it were that easy - why didn't other bands do it?
Remember the fact that "Commercial Metal" was EXTREMELY common in the late 80s and early 90s. Glam Metal was riding high and the more "commercial" sides of Metal were pretty mainstream.
Still - absolutely nothing - NOTHING - could compete with the sheer level of sales of this album.
A couple things to ask -
If this album were the band's debut - would it be as hated by Metal fans?
If this album was by an already "Commercial" Metal band - would it be viewed differently?
I mean think about it - compare it to "Commercial Metal" of the time, it's actually strikingly HEAVY.
If you come at this album from the Glam angle and ponder a Glam Metal band making this album - you begin to realize the secret of this album's success.
The problem with Glam is that by 1991 - it was already becoming a bit uncool.
There is something about the style of the Black Album that aged well during the Grunge era.
Remember that the bulk of this albums sales and momentum occurred during 1992-1994. This was when the Grunge movement was dominating - and Glam Metal was sinking fast.
Metallica brought a flavour of commercial Metal that - to the masses - seemed to have real attitude, a hint of darkness - that wasn't connected to the perceived "cheese" and excess glamour of the Glam scene of the day.
Grunge made it cool to be a little darker and more sullen - and the Black Album kind of fits in with that.
I mean despite those songs being SUPER CATCHY - they're not exactly jolly and upbeat are they?
They capture a flavour of the darkness and heaviness that Metal fans love - albeit in a form that very casual Rock listeners could also find palatable too. It found an audience with people who didn't typically like Metal! And there's nothing that Metal fans hate more than that!
Despite saying all that - If I were to rank Metallica's albums - I easily rank the Black Album below the first four, but in a way - I almost see it as a different band.
I got into Metallica with this album and therefore didn't have any of the inbuilt resentment toward them for it, my first taste of this album wasn't tinged with the "betrayal" that I hear a lot of Metalheads talk about.
I fell in love with it - and that first impression never faded despite falling in even stronger love with the 80s records.
I don't typically enjoy "Commercial Metal" as much as the type of Metal in Metallica's 80s records - the 80s records feel a bit richer, more complex, and have more dynamics and replayability to me.
But when I want that instant HIT of Commercial Metal - I don't think ANY album in the history of Metal scratches that itch better than this album.
In a way - this album seems like a victim of 2 things -
1 - Being overplayed
2 - Being compared to the prior albums,
It suffers a lot of mockery and flack from Metal fans - and I think it's unjustified.
My favourite album by Metallica is "Justice" so of course I wonder and wish they followed it up with another album along those lines, but other bands fulfil that wish - when I want some technical and progressive Thrash - I just go else where.
Instead of looking at the glass half empty, I see it half full - and judge the Black Album on it's own terms.
In my opinion - the Black Album is the best selling Metal album of all time because it's the greatest "Commercial Metal" album of all time!
In the realm of Thrash - sure, it sinks.
But in the realm of Commercial Metal?
Wow - this album reigns supreme!
What are your thoughts?

Razen da ne vem kaj naj bi bil ta "Commercial Metal" (mogoče misli v smislu da so to bendi ki imajo album ki preseže neko določeno visoko št. prodanih izvodov?), je kar dobro opisan (kdo je spisal to?) ta self titled album, ki je totalno kraljeval prvo polovico 90ih. Grunge je Grunge, Glam je Glam, black album je pa vsekakor (še vedno) Metal album. Seveda se strinjam da je slabši od 80s albumov, je pa najpomembnejši kar se tiče preboja v mainstream in v milijone ušes ki so prvič slišala metalsko muziko ravno preko tega albuma. Si mislim da če bi bil že v 80ih fan Metallice, da bi bil razočaran ob izidu, ker sm pa lih dobrih 30 let nazaj začel posliušat Metal, imam krasne spomine na to. Spomenm se da je v 90ih ful folka v OŠ poslušalo to kaseto - ne samo tistih ki so sicer poslušali Metal, spomnem se sošolca ki je kupu ta CD v lokalni blagovnici, spomnem se kako sm js še prej kupu (presneto) kaseto od nekoga itd. Dobro zveni (produkcija) + to kar je napisal Preško + ?, skratka: album ki je na široko odprl vrata v Metal, če potem zabredeš v globine al samo pokukaš noter je pa odvisno od posameznika.
FUCK THE WORLD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 222324